Welcome to Geyserville, CA!
In April, 1847, that intrepid bear-killer, William Bell Elliott, who had crowded many adventures into nearly half a century of living, received the surprise of his life. Hunting grizzlies in the mountains of Sonoma County between Cloverdale and Calistoga, he came upon a narrow canyon which he thought surely must be the Gate of Hades. Packed between the barren, many-hued banks of the narrow gorge for a distance of a quarter mile were a number of hot springs, fumaroles, and steam vents, all appearing to smoke “like the ruins of a recently burned city.” The Geysers which were not geysers after all, but gave our town its name, had been discovered. Geyserville is temperate year-round, surrounded by wineries, has a small population of 2,100, and elevation of 205. Family-run restaurants and charming bed and breakfast inns provide comfortable and tempting additional reasons for spending a day or a week in the area.
If you’re looking to live in a quiet, rural area, but still be only minutes away from bigger towns then Geyserville is perfect for you.
Geyserville, CA Neighborhood Details
- Geyserville, CA median home value: 377,538
- Geyserville, CA 12-month median home value change: -18.09%
- California median home value: $397,435
- California 12-month median home value change: -23.67%
- Sonoma County median home value: $420,750
- Sonoma County 12-month median home value change: -20.52%
- Geyserville, CA population: 2,100
- Geyserville, CA household income: 55,868
- Geyserville, CA sales tax rate: 7.75%
- Geyserville, CA income tax rate: 6.00%
- Geyserville, CA unemployment rate: 4.10%
Geyserville, CA Real Estate Market Reports
Geyserville Public Schools & Current Base API Scores
Geyserville, CA Small Schools Schools
- Geyserville Educational Park High: 727
- Geyserville Elementary: 882
- Geyserville Middle: 790